27 May 2009

Workplace Temporary goodbyes

This week I started a new position at eBay- Senior Account Manager.

I have had a number of conversations with accounts I will be leaving- and Josh from wileycoyote373 took the time to send a very nice email.

Hi Andrew,

I wanted to take the time in a separate email that refers to no other
business, except to congratulate you on your new position. I worked for
Fortune 500 companies for over 20 years, and am hard pressed to think of
someone that deserves upward mobility more than you.

I can say the following pragmatically and honestly. The main benefit of
ebay, to me, has been you. In the few times we spoke, I perceived you to be
a genuine person. Easy to deal with, and to the point. I respect that, and I
don't care for very many folks. Ask Theresa :) "The voice of reason in the
midst of corporate American insanity." (You can use that one).

Honestly that is how I truly feel. So Theresa and I genuinely thank you. We
appreciate you.

Best wishes to you in the future. Hopefully, we will get to work together
again.

Sincerely,
Josh Cooper



Thanks Josh- I hope you and Theresa continue your great work on eBay, and that we work together in the future.

And to all of my accounts, feel free to follow my eBay Twitter updates at ebay_andy.